|About this Job:
We are seeking a dedicated, passionate team member with strong individual design and problem solving skills for immediate opportunities as an Architectural Designer. This position requires the candidates to support project team leaders and produce presentations suitable for the Perkins Eastman team and client.
- Reporting to the Project Manager responsible for the individual project, Architectural Designer II will be responsible for assisting in Master Planning, Site Planning and Building Design exercises utilizing, 3D Modeling, and Digital Presentation Packaging.
- Assists the design team on projects from the Pre-Schematic Phase through Construction Documents.
- Prepare program and schematic proposal, project layouts and develop designs in 3D using Revit and other 3D modeling software for client review/approval.
- Perform design computations, specification research, compile data, and other supporting technical project information.
- Assist with preparation of construction drawings and construction detailing.
- Review building codes to assure the design complies with minimum legal standards.
- Assist in the constructions administration phase by reviewing shop drawings and other submittals.
- Prepare finish material sample boards, physical models and graphic presentations for client approval.
Minimum of 5 plus years’ experience
Digital architectural visualization and animation experience preferred
Ability to develop, communicate and present design concepts internally and externally.
Experience with site planning, zoning and real estate analysis.
Ability to work on multiple projects and manage project priorities.
Proficient with computer-assisted design software such as AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator, In-design; 3D software such as Sketchup and 3D Max.
MUST be highly proficient in Revit
Strong communication skills and excellent graphic presentation skills.
|How to apply:
If you would like to join a dynamic, energized, innovative and collaborative environment, where your ideas will be heard and your skills challenged, send your cover letter, resume and salary history as one file ( Adobe PDF preferred but Word is acceptable) to PERecruiter@perkinseastman.com with “Architectural Designer II – Pittsburgh – Your Name” in the subject line. Please provide the website source. No phone calls please.
Perkins Eastman is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the Federal E-Verify program. EOE/M/F/D/V